Biosimilars Global Congress 2017 Europe
Biosimilars is a type of biological product that is similar to another drug, which has already been approved by the US FDA or European Medicines Agency. Due to their high degree of similarity with the biological reference product, they have no clinically evidenced and meaningful differences from the reference product in terms of quality, safety or efficacy.
The increasing pressure to decrease healthcare expenditures, growing demand due to its cost-effectiveness, expanding occurrence of different diseases, increasing numbers of biologics losing their market exclusivity, positive outcomes in ongoing clinical trials and rising demand in various therapeutic applications are all contributing factors for growth of the biosimilars market. Between 2015 and the end of 2019, 39 biologics with combined US sales of $41 billion, representing 30% of the total market will lose their marketing exclusivity. This resulted in huge interest by big pharma and biotech company venturing into the Biosimilar sector in order to gain a slice of multibillion worth of biologics market. Other factors increasing the demand for biosimilar drugs include rising disease incidences across the globe and better access to healthcare for all nations.
However, circumstance such as high manufacturing complexities and costs, rigorous regulatory requirements in countries, and innovative strategies by biologic drug manufacturers to restrict the entry of new players are restraining the growth of this market.
In this congress, we will cover a diverse range of topic and address the challenges and obstacle encountered by the industry from development to successful market of biosimilars. This will also offer and provide a unique platform for knowledge sharing and convergence from Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Regulatory and many more.
Gain Latest Insights On:
- New Technologies, Innovations and Concept
- New Product and Trends
- Addressing the common issues and Solutions to Overcome
- Networking with Service Providers
- Establish, network and source opportunities with major suppliers
- Gain new ideas that offers real value to your business
- Listen to key industry expert speakers who are in the know and discuss major issues with a broad range of other senior level business executive leaders and establish rapport.
Who should attend?
Chief Executives, Executive Directors, Vice Presidents, Heads and Team Leaders and Managers working within:
Follow on Biologics/Follow on Proteins/Biosimilars – Biologics/Biotechnology/ Biogenerics – Biopharmaceuticals / Biotherapeutics – Legal and Regulatory Affairs – Intellectual property – Pricing and Reimbursement – Clinical Immunology – R&D – New Product Development – Quality Affairs/ Quality Control – Principal Scientist – Pharmacovigilance – Chief Scientific Officer – Drug Safety & Risk Management – Process Control & Analytical Technologies – Business Development & Market Strategies – Commercial Affairs – Legislation and Policy Advice – Licensing – Manufacturing and APIs.
Featuring Key Industry Experts:
- Dr. SungHwan Kim, Biological Assay team Leader, Celltrion
- Richard Dicicco, Chairman, Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Niraj Chhaya, Risk Management, Biosimilars, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Dr. Steinar Madsen, Medical Director, Norwegian Medicines Agency
- Cecil Nick, Vice President (Technical), PAREXEL
- Francois-Xavier Frapaise, VP, Clinical Development, Drug Safety & Medical Affairs, Merck Biosimilars
- Stephen Murby, Int’l. Advisory Board Member, Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines
- George Wyatt, Executive Senior Consultant, Innomar Strategies
- Dr Lars Kober, CEO, UGA Biopharma
- Ming Wang, PhD, MBA, President and CEO, Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. (USA)
- Ronen Tchelet, VP Research & Business Development, Dyadic International Inc.
- Rodeina Challand, Biosimilars Expert, Challand Consulting
- Divya Chadha Manek, Head of Business Development (Commercial), NIHR
- Duncan Emerton, Senior Director, FirstWord
Learn more about the pre-conference workshop, speakers & panelists scheduled for each day of the congress.Learn More
Fill out our registration form online and we will promptly get back to you regarding ticket purchases for this congress.Learn More
Previous Conference Gallery
Biosimilars Global Congress 2016